It’s that time of year again. Pennsylvania Certified Organic will be hosting FarmFest 2017 this Friday and Saturday, July 28 – 29 at the Grange Fair Grounds in Centre Hall, PA. This is a great event that includes local food and craft vendors, educational programming, family activities, and live entertainment. FarmFest is free (It’s so much fun that it shouldn’t be, but it is). It runs from 9:30 am – 10:30 pm on Friday and 9 am – 8 pm on Saturday. For more details and a schedule of activities, visit: farmfest.paorganic.org.
A few highlights to whet your appetite:
- Expert talks on beekeeping, home brewing, hydroponics, vermicomposting, and more.
- Tom Beddard, PCO’s founding president, will present “20 Years of Organic Farming: Reflecting on the Past to Create Our Future.”
- Handcrafted, local and organic foods make up the Food Court.
- Wool Village with items for sale and demonstrations each day.
- Family Arena with face-painting, farm animals, hayrides, games, and more.
- Homemade & Homegrown Market with maple products, organic produce, hand-crafted jewelry, and other locally produced goods.