Tuesday Downtown State College Farmers Market – Today on Locust Lane
(From Betsy Green)
The Tuesday Downtown State College Farmers Market is open today on Locust Lane, from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Vendors this week:
- Moser’s Garden Produce: Asparagus, cut herbs, potted vegetables & herb plants
- Red Hawk Premium Peppers: All of their hot sauces, along with pepper seeds & plants.
- Spring Bank Acres: Bagged greens, rhubarb
- NEW**Sun & Moon Creations: Natural soaps, pet soap and natural insect repellent
- NEW**Cottage Confectioner: Vegan breakfast bars, & tea cookies
- Dn’D Farms: Freshly processed lamb, Goat’s Milk Sunscreen Lotion and new scents of Goats Milk Hand & Body Lotion. Also Herbal Insect Sprays.
- Gemelli’s Bakers: Fresh baked GRANOLA, and ‘GIGANDO’ cookies.
- NEW**Underhill Farm: Yarns from Leicester Longwood sheep and Angora goats. Natural & hand-dyed colors.
- El Gringo: Totally Mexican Food….tacos, tamales, salsas, turnovers, drinks & popsicles
- Egg Hill Gardens: Spring Salad Mix, assorted radishes, potted perennials & herbs and always a surprise or two!
Boalsburg Indoor Farmers Market – Today at the Boalsburg Fire Hall
(From Jim Eisenstein)
This Tuesday marks the last indoor farmers market at the Boalsburg Fire Hall. We call it the “Winter” indoor market, but at its beginning in the fall and its ending in early May, we offer a variety of wonderful products that we don’t normally associate with winter.
If you want a preview of what the opening of our outdoor market on May 14 (at the PA Military Museum) will have to offer, come to this one.
You’ll find a wide variety of fresh spring produce plus our regular staples
- raw milk and cheeses,
- prepared foods,
- apples and apple products,
- and more.
Market begins at 2:00, and Richard Sleigh will play and sing starting at 4:00. The market ends at 6:00.