(From Jim Eisenstein)
This week spring greens should be plentiful.
- Clan Stewart Farm will have spinach, spicy spring mix, kale, and swiss chard.
- Jade Family Farm will have much the same — some green onions and spring garlic too.
- Jonas Beiler Family Farm will offer rhubarb and among many canned items fermented pickles.
- Tamarack Farms will have chorizo lamb sausage and greens too.
- Bill Calahan has fresh pork and invites questions about porchetta.
- Eden View still has beets and garlic and its usual array of prepared foods.
- Byler Goat Dairy has onion and chive dry curd goat cheese this week.
Other vendors will have their usual fine products – pasta, breads, local wine, apples, raw milk, cheese, eggs, and wild salmon – regular customers know the drill.
The market is open from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m .at the Boalsburg Fire Hall, 113 East Pine St. Wonderful music by Moondog and the Shooting Stars will be performed from 4:00 to 5:30.