(From Jim Eisenstein)
You can find lots of nice items sure to please at the Boalsburg Farmers Market for the many hard to satisfy folks on your gift list. Here are just a few examples:
- gift packets of a variety of cheeses from Clover Creek;
- ripe camembert cheese from Stone Meadow;
- wine from Bee Kind Winery (including their popular Merlot),
- natural wool products from Tamarack Farms, including knitted wool wine totes, lavender sackets, and hand felted soaps;
- a variety of prepared foods from Jonas Beiler Family farm (including preserved peppers, beets, and sauerkraut); and
- apple sauce and apple butter from Way Fruit Farm.
You can also purchase just about everything you’ll need for a wonderful all-local Christmas dinner.
- Bill Callahan still has some geese and turkeys remaining. Order them from him at this Tuesday’s market or give him a call at 570 966-2678.
- Eden View will feature a variety of Christmas appetizers, sides, and desserts at our Christmas Eve market on Monday, Dec. 24 (open from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM). NOTE: Eden View will not be at the Dec. 18 market, so check out their list of products on their website at their “Order Christmas appetizers, sides and desserts!” link on the right hand side of their home page and email your order.
- Gemelli Bakers offers fine breads
- Find raw milk cheeses at Clover Creek Cheese Cellars and Stone Meadow Farm
- From Bylers Goat Dairy, you can get wonderful raw goat milk ice cream at a special “two for the price of one” sale, their new raspberry desert chèvre, and their regular raw goat milk cheeses
- Seven apple varieties (both eating and baking) are available from Way Fruit Farm plus cider and baked goods
- Pasture- raised beef is available at Stone Meadow Farm and Cow-a-Hen Farm
- Wild-caught Alaska salmon products from Wild for Salmon
- Fresh made pasta from Fasta Pasta
- A nice selection of wines from Bee Kind Winery
- A variety of green and root vegetables from Clan Stewart Farm, Jade Family Farm, and Ardry Farm
Remember the Dec. 18 market will be held as usual on Tuesday from 2:00 to 6:00 at the Boalsburg Fire Hall, but the Christmas Eve market will run from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Monday, Dec. 24.
Picker and Piper will be singing and playing Christmas favorites on the 24 to add to the festivities.
And if you want a New Year’s meal with local products, we’ll be open Monday, Dec. 31 from 11:00 AM to 2:00 P.M.