Boalsburg Farmers Market
(From Jim Eisenstein)
The big news is that after careful and long work, Byler Goat Diary is bringing its goat milk ice cream for the first time. Choose from black raspberry, chocolate chip mint, and vanilla. Goose day is coming and Bill Callahan of Cow-a-Hen Farm will has them available, but you need to place your order with him at market.
Other vendors have lots of attractive features.
- Patchwork Farm has fresh ginger (plus kale).
- Beiler Family Farm will offer sweet potatoes.
- You can still get summer favorites zucchini from Mothersbaugh farm,
- sweet corn from Ardry Farm
- a variety of peppers from Littlefield.
- Jade Family Farm has colored peppers too, along with carrots and lots else.
- Clan Stewart has arugula and Tom Thumb lettuce.
- Eden View will bring spaghetti squash (and homemade soup).
- Clover Creek has a smoked horse radish cheese they call “Smokin’ Rodeo”.
- Stone Meadow will be selling Taleggio cheese.
- Pipers Peck has two newly made fruit jams – grape, and peach.
- Way Fruit Farm will add Cortland apples to the varieties they already have harvested.
- Bee Kind Winery features its cranberry blush for fall.
- Soap Sprite sells a goat milk based soap combining lime and spearmint.
- Tamarack Farms now has its spicy chorizo lamb sausage.
- You can get spanoko pita, a Greek spinach pastry in phyllo dough from Gaffrons
- Gemelli’s has its usual selection of breads, pizza, and tacos.
- Wild For Salmon is back
- Fasta Pasta will be at market with its fresh made pastas.
The market is open from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the PA Military Museum and music will be provided by Chris Lee from 4:00 to 5:30.
State College Downtown Farmers Market
(From Betsy Green)
The market is open from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Locust Lane
- Dn’D Farms will be absent this week.
- Moser’s Produce: Featuring new variety of sweet corn and will have bushels of tomatoes available for canning, salsas, etc. etc.
- Fasta & Ravioli: Fresh mozzarella is back!
- Larksmirth Manor Perrennials: Purple shamrocks for a sweet little houseplant
- Hidden Hollow Farms: Lots of sunflowers and fresh flower arrangements. NEW* Homemade root beer!
- Green Acres Farm: *NEW okra, yams. Also honey and beeswax candles.
- Sweet Heat Gourmet: *NEW Roasted Pumpkin salsa made with pumpkins from Green Acres Farm. Still have available, Apple & Bourbon BBQ sauce made with apples from Sweet Root Orchard.
- Bell & Whistle: *NEW Try our newest flavor of gelato – butter pecan. We always carry gluten-free baked goods, vegan items and gelato.
- Sweet Root Orchard: *NEW Golden Delicious now available. We still have Honeycrisp, Gala, and McIntosh. **Try our homemade apple pie and apple cake.
- Spring Bank Acres: Awesome Yogurt, plain and flavors. Several types of cheese from grass-fed, grain free cows. The milk for our cheese is chemical free, GMO free, and no hormones.
- Reflections for Oak Spring Winery: *NEW Several red and white varietals, and fruit wine. **We will have the Peach and Gameday White – two of our favorites!
- Nittany View Farm: *NEW Large bars of Oatmeal, Milk and Honey –on sale!
- Egg Hill Gardens: *NEW Now harvesting fresh baby Ginger. Also available, Baby Daikon Radishes.