Local Food & Cooking – Winter in Central PA
Make your way down to Spring Mills Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the Winter Old Gregg School Market and treat yourself to breakfast by The Sustainable Kitchen, free wi-fi, and of course the wonderful vendors bringing you locally raised and made products you love.
How to shop local for the holidays:
- Gift certificates to our Partners or other local food providers
- Give a CSA share
- Local food and beverage baskets
- Support local artists and crafters, and seek out independently owned businesses
Next weekend, you can enjoy the holiday spirit and some wine at Partner Mt. Nittany Vineyard & Winery for their Mulled Wine & Gingerbread Holiday Open House during normal operating hours on Dec 17 & 18.
What’s Fresh at the Farmers Markets? Plan your menus to feature what’s in season. Here’s a list of what you’ll find at markets for inspiration!
- Broccoli, Cabbage & Brussel Sprouts
- Greens & Swiss Chard
- Radishes, Turnips, Beets, Carrots & Potatoes
- Onions & Garlic
- Winter Squash
- Apples & Fresh Apple Cider
- Year-round products like milk & dairy, honey, meats, cheeses, eggs and baked & canned goods.
Old Gregg School Farmers Market – Saturdays, 10am to 1pm, Old Gregg School Community Center in Spring Mills
- Sustainable Kitchen with breakfast extravaganza, coffee, canned marinara sauce, applesauce and pumpkin.
- Fasta Ravioli & Co with handmade pasta, ravioli and sauces.
- Common Ground Organic Farm with brussel sprouts, winter squash, onions, peppers and garlic.
- Stone Meadow Farm with farmstead cheese and grass-fed beef.
- Eden View Organics with spelt & sprouted flour baked goods and lunch items.
- Cow-a-Hen Farm with various cuts of pork, beef, duck and more.
- Gemelli Bakers with breads, jumbo cookies, tarts and coffee cake.
- Macneal Orchards & Sugarbush with apples, cider and maple syrup.
- Woodside Acres with eggs, homemade potato chips, baked goods and canned goods.
- Brush Valley Produce with seasonal produce.
- Egg Hill Gardens with perennial and annual plants.
- Nittany Valley Organics with handmade soap, shampoo and soy candles.
Closed for the Season
- State College Downtown Farmers Market
- Millheim Farmers Market
- Bellefonte Farmers Market
- North Atherton Farmers Market
- Tuesday Downtown Farmers Market