Make your way down to Spring Mills for the Winter Old Gregg School Market and treat yourself to breakfast by The Sustainable Kitchen, free wi-fi, and of course the wonderful vendors bringing you locally raised and made products you love.
Visit the charming town of Millheim for a local shopping celebration on December 2 from 6 to 9 p.m. and December 3 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Grab some eats and gifts at Partners Inglebean Coffeehouse and Elk Creek Cafe + Aleworks, as well as from the other fabulous shops on main street. Gift wrapping will be available at the Inglebean.
What’s Fresh at the Farmers Markets
Plan your menus to feature what’s in season. Here’s a list of what you’ll find at markets for inspiration!
- Broccoli, Cabbage & Brussel Sprouts
- Greens & Swiss Chard
- Radishes, Turnips, Beets, Carrots & Potatoes
- Onions & Garlic
- Winter Squash
- Apples & Fresh Apple Cider
- Year-round products like milk & dairy, honey, meats, cheeses, eggs and baked & canned goods.
Market is outdoors at the Gamble Mill.
- Diane Cramer with muffins, baked goods, gourd crafts and seasonal mushrooms and vegetables.
- absent Lavina Stoltzfus with canned & baked goods and sweet potatoes.
- Stony Ridge Farm with baked goods, seasonal vegetables, milk, cheese, butter and eggs.
- A.B.B. Bison Farm with bison meat and eggs.
- absent Heron’s Hollow Farm with greens, seasonal vegetables, grass-fed beef, pastured pork and eggs.
- absent Lois A. Stringer with seasonal vegetables and herbs.
- Weedy Ridge Farm with eggs and goats milk soap.
- absent Our Little Orchard with apples.
Old Gregg School Farmers Market – Saturdays, 10am to 1pm, Old Gregg School Community Center
Start off your day right! Breakfast and coffee will be served up to order by The Sustainable Kitchen with omelets, pancakes, coffee and more. Bring your smart phones, iPads and other devices so you can spread the word about this market that will keep you in local food all through the winter – oh, and the internet is free.
- Sustainable Kitchen with breakfast extravaganza, coffee, canned marinara sauce, applesauce and pumpkin.
- Fasta Ravioli & Co with handmade pasta, ravioli and sauces.
- Common Ground Organic Farm with brussel sprouts, winter squash, onions, peppers and garlic.
- Stone Meadow Farm with farmstead cheese and grass-fed beef.
- absent Eden View Organics with spelt & sprouted flour baked goods and lunch items.
- Cow-a-Hen Farm with various cuts of pork, beef, duck and more.
- Gemelli Bakers with breads, jumbo cookies, tarts and coffee cake.
- Macneal Orchards & Sugarbush with apples, cider and maple syrup.
- Woodside Acres with eggs, homemade potato chips, baked goods and canned goods.
- Brush Valley Produce with seasonal produce.
- Egg Hill Gardens with perennial and annual plants.
- Katie Mae Stoltzfus with baked goods, pickles, applesauce and low-sugar canned goods.
- absent Dible Diversified Agriculture with greens and herbs.
- Half-Acre Farm with beeswax candles and artwork.
- Nittany Valley Organics with handmade soap, shampoo and soy candles.