From Way Fruit Farm in Port Matilda:
Potatoes, apple pie, dinner rolls, apple cider and more are all ready at our farm store to help you have an easy and Happy Thanksgiving this year. Read on for more details on all the goodies and holiday hours…
The Way bakery is currently taking orders for Thanksgiving goodies. Please order by Saturday, Nov. 19th for Thanksgiving pickup on Nov. 22 or 23. When ordering, please be prepared to specify your last name, phone #, date of pickup, approximate time of pickup and quantity of goodies. We’ll be happy to have them ready for you during normal business hours.
- Pies: Apple, Apple Walnut, Apple Brown Betty, Pumpkin, Pecan, Cherry, Peach, Blueberry, Red Raspberry, Blackberry and Black (sweet) Cherry
- No Sugar* added Pies Available: NS Apple, NS Peach, NS Blueberry, NS Pumpkin (*Equal sweetener used)
- Dinner Rolls: Potato rolls and Whole wheat rolls
- Breads: White, Wheat, Cranberry Walnut, Raisin, Marble Rye, Multigrain, Six Grain and Sunflower
- Breakfast Goodies: Sticky buns ( with or without pecans), Pumpkin & Apple cider donuts, Raisin bread with icing and more.
When ordering, please be prepared to specify your last name, telephone #, date of pickup, approximate time of pickup and quantity of goodies. We’ll have them ready for you any day during normal business hours!
Doing your own baking? Currently available apples: Honey Crisp, Gala, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Fuji, Macoun, Jonagold, Mutsu, McIntosh, Cortland, Northern Spy, Stayman Winesap, Ida Red and Granny Smith. (*Empire- not on display, but available upon special request right now). Also, we have lots of Bosc and Asian pears and our own fresh, apple cider. Baking supplies such as flour, sugar, oats, nuts and more are also available in our farm store.
Holiday hours for Thanksgiving:
- Normal hours : Monday-Wednesday (11/21-11/23), 8am – 7pm
- Closed: Thursday, 11/24 to enjoy Thanksgiving
- Normal hours resume: Friday, 11/25, 8am – 7pm
Saturdays only: Don’t forget to bring visiting family & friends out for our full breakfast (served 8am – 12:30pm) and lunch menu (served 8am- 4:30 pm) on Saturday, 11/26/11. We look forward to serving you soon!
Join us weekly at the Boalsburg Farmers’ Market- moving inside to the Boalsburg Fire Hall starting this Tuesday, 11/15/11 starting at 2pm. See you there!
Nov. 22 – Share the Harvest Recital – Way Fruit Farm and The Music Field Piano Studio present the Share the Harvest Recital on Tuesday, Nov. 22 at 5:30pm. in the Way Cafe. We hope you’ll join us for a night of local talent on musical instruments, and foot-stomping dancing including a local folk music band, piano recitals for young and old and finally lively Irish step dancing school performances.
The cost of admission is an item of food for the food bank per individual or a grocery gift card for a family admission. You will be able to come early to buy dinner from our normal Way Cafe menu or try a delicious turkey sandwich special and Soup du jour. We hope this will help families come out and parents not to feel so rushed after work. Beverages and baked goods will be available for purchase throughout the evening’s performances. The store will also be open for you to browse. Due to limited chairs, families are encouraged to bring along folding chairs. Last year, this event helped to collect over 100 pounds of food that was then delivered to the food bank in time for Thanksgiving. We’d like to see how much more we can gather this year with your help! Come on out and enjoy a night of music, dancing and help feed local families in need for Thanksgiving at the same time. Hope to see you there!
WINTER HOURS: Way Fruit Farm winter hours begin Monday, Nov. 28:
- The Way Cafe will be open at 8 am daily and close 1/2 hour before the store daily. Closed Sundays.
- Monday – Friday: 8am – 6:30pm
- Saturday: 8am – 5pm
- Sundays: Closed