|Highlights in the Local Food Scene
Stay informed, check out our Calendar!
Outdoor markets are closing, so make sure you get there to stock up for your Thanksgiving meal.
Make your way down to Spring Mills for the Winter Old Gregg School Market and treat yourself to breakfast by The Sustainable Kitchen, free wi-fi, and of course the wonderful vendors bringing you locally raised and made products you love.
Partner Mt. Nittany Vineyard & Winery will host Ladies Night on Friday November 18th starting at 5pm. Wine tastings, cheese samples and tours are available. Stop by over the weekend for theRed Wine & Stinky Cheese event on Saturday and Sunday to sample the new releases.
Get your local, organic Thanksgiving turkeys from PartnerOver the Moon Farm – and orders fill up quickly. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to order (sizes are under 16#, 16-20#, 21-25# or 26-30#).
What’s Fresh at the Farmers Markets
Plan your menus to feature what’s in season. Here’s a list of what you’ll find at markets for inspiration!
- Broccoli, Cabbage & Brussel Sprouts
- Greens & Swiss Chard
- Radishes, Turnips, Beets, Carrots & Potatoes
- Onions & Garlic
- Winter Squash
- Apples & Fresh Apple Cider
- Year-round products like milk & dairy, honey, meats, cheeses, eggs and baked & canned goods.
State College Downtown Market
Fridays, 11:30am to 5pm, Locust Lane
FINAL MARKET FRIDAY NOVEMBER 18TH! Early closing this week as the days shorten, so make sure you stop by before 5pm.
- Fasta Ravioli & Co with fresh, handmade pastas, raviolis and sauces.
- Elk Creek Fishery with Alaskan salmon and locally raised trout.
- Patchwork Farm with seasonal produce and plants.
- Beiler Family Farm with locally raised meats.
- Spring Bank Acres with dairy products.
- Deb’s Flower Farm with fresh-cut flowers.
- Moser’s Garden Produce with seasonal produce.
- Wood Fired Bakery with baked goods.
- The Piper’s Peck with hot pepper jellies, jams and salsas.
- Demeter’s Garden with jams and jellies as well as Lost Hollow Honey.
- Soap Sprite with lip balms, foot rubs and over 26 varieties of handmade soaps – try the newest – Lemongrass Goat Milk, Spearmint Patchouli and Green Mountain & Lime Shaving soaps.
- Larksmirth Manor Perennials with fresh cut flowers, locally raised plants for the home and flowering shrubs including native species.
- Gaffron’s Sunrise Bakery with hot foods and baked goods.
- Way Fruit Farm with seasonal fruits as well as spreads and cider.
- Wendy Vonada Cookies with a wide selection of cookies, as well as pesto sauce.
- Sunflower Farm with seasonal produce and crafts.
- McNitt’s Fruit Farm with seasonal fruit.
- Kookie Kitchen with baked goods.
- Harner Farm with seasonal fruit and fruit smoothies.
Bellefonte Farmers Market
Saturdays, 9am to 12pm
Market is outdoors at the Gamble Mill with hours of 9am to12pm.
- Diane Cramer with muffins, baked goods, gourd crafts and seasonal mushrooms and vegetables.
- Lavina Stoltzfus with canned & baked goods and sweet potatoes.
- Stony Ridge Farm with baked goods, seasonal vegetables, milk, cheese, butter and eggs.
- A.B.B. Bison Farm with bison meat and eggs.
- Heron’s Hollow Farm with greens, seasonal vegetables, grass-fed beef, pastured pork and eggs.
- Lois A. Stringer with seasonal vegetables and herbs.
- Fasta Ravioli & Co with handmade pasta, ravioli and sauces.
- Weedy Ridge Farm with eggs and goats milk soap.
- Our Little Orchard with apples.
Old Gregg School Farmers Market
Saturdays, 10am to 1pm, Old Gregg School Community Center
Start off your day right! Breakfast and coffee will be served up to order by The Sustainable Kitchen with omelets, pancakes, coffee and more. Bring your smart phones, iPads and other devices so you can spread the word about this market that will keep you in local food all through the winter – oh, and the internet is free.
- Sustainable Kitchen with breakfast extravaganza, coffee, canned marinara sauce, applesauce and pumpkin.
- Common Ground Organic Farm with brussel sprouts, winter squash, onions, peppers and garlic.
- Stone Meadow Farm with farmstead cheese and grass-fed beef.
- Eden View Organics with spelt & sprouted flour baked goods and lunch items.
- Cow-a-Hen Farm with various cuts of pork, beef, duck and more.
- Gemelli Bakers with breads, jumbo cookies, tarts and coffee cake.
- Macneal Orchards & Sugarbush with apples, cider and maple syrup.
- Woodside Acres with eggs, homemade potato chips, baked goods and canned goods.
- Brush Valley Produce with seasonal produce.
- Egg Hill Gardens with perennial and annual plants.
- Katie Mae Stoltzfus with baked goods, pickles, applesauce and low-sugar canned goods.
- Dible Diversified Agriculture with greens and herbs.
- Half-Acre Farm with beeswax candles and artwork.
- Nittany Valley Organics with handmade soap, shampoo and soy candles.
Closed for the Season
Millheim Farmers Market
North Atherton Farmers Market
Tuesday Downtown Farmers Market