News from Way Fruit Farm in Port Matilda:
Hello and Happy Fall!
Apples currently available in the “Bin Sale” include: Gala, McIntosh & Cortland (*Coming soon- Red Delicious) Also available, presorted and in baskets: Honey Crisp, Gala, Ozark Gold, Macoun, McIntosh, Cortland, and Camelot.
We also have Asian pears, lots of cider and local vegetables including peppers, onions, potatoes, eggplant, squash, pie pumpkins & more!
Fall Festival Schedule:
Sat. Oct. 1 – Apple Cider Demo Day – 9 a.m. -4 p.m.
Cider press runs from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. with demonstrations every half hour.
Join us to:
- See our cider press in action & get a free sample of cider
- Free wagon rides to the pumpkin patch (Choose a pumpkin & pay by the pound in the field- cash & checks only please)
- -Breakfast & lunch menu in our cafe featuring local foods
- Fun for the whole family!
Sat. Oct. 8 & 15 – Apple Festivals – 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Free wagon rides to the pumpkin patch. Choose a pumpkin & pay by the pound in the field – cash & checks only.
- Apple sling shot and other children’s games
- Bunny barn petting area for kids
- Local craft show
- Free samples of our apple butter & apple cider
- Homemade soup, apple dumplings, local pork BBQ & more hot food provided by local church & civic organizations
- Have fun while benefiting a great cause because 10% of all of our proceeds from these 2 days are donated to an orphanage in the Dominican Republic.
Sat. Oct. 22 – Pumpkin Festival – 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Apple pie & pumpkin pie baking contest. Start practicing your recipe now, and we’ll send more details soon!
- Free wagon rides to the pumpkin patch to pick your own pumpkin. Priced by the pound, pay in the field, cash & checks only.
- Children’s storytime at 10 a.m. & 2 p.m. – Fall stories about apples & a free treat for all who attend.
- Breakfast & lunch menu available in our cafe
- Fall fun & food for all!