Oct. 1 – 16 – Join PASA in support of the upcoming ‘Right2Know” March from NYC to the White House to demand GMO labeling.
Most Americans agree we have a right to know what’s in our food, and a right to choose safe, healthy food for our families and ourselves. And yet 80% of the packaged foods in American contain Genetically Engineered (GE) ingredients that have not been proven safe and are not labeled.
Between October 1-16, marchers from all across the country will be walking from New York City to the White House in Washington DC, demanding labeling of all Genetically Engineered Foods, in what has become to be called the GMO Right to Know march.
The GMO Right2Know March is the first of its kind in America, and will have daily events between the kickoff in New York City and the finale at the White House in Washington DC. Come for the knowledgeable speakers, fun presentations, camping and much, much more! Now is your chance to make your voice heard.
In New York, Washington, DC and along the route, advocates, farmers and business leaders including Vandana Shiva, Percy and Louis Schmeiser, Andrew Kimbrell, Frances Moore Lappé, Anna Lappé, Sara Snow, Dr. Alan Greene, Joseph Wilhelm, Michael Funk, Megan Westgate, David Bronner, Ashley Koff, RD and many others are expected to join to speak out for GMO Labeling and to inspire citizens to take action to protect themselves and the future of farming.
The Right2Know march will be joined by the Sustainable Living Road Show and the Compass Green Mobile Greenhouse Project. The March will rally in a broad swath of East Coast cities and towns including:
- New York: Brooklyn, New York City
- New Jersey: Jersey City, Newark, Millburn, Union, Springfield, Scotch Plains, New Brunswick, Princeton
- Pennsylvania: Morrisville, Trevose, Jenkintown, Philadelphia, Springfield
- Delaware: Wilmington, Hockessin, Newark
- Maryland: Darlington, Monkton, Timonium, Baltimore, Elicott City, Jessup, Laurel, College Park, Takoma Park, and
- Washington DC
For more details of the route, visit the Right2Know website
Get Involved! Sign up, bring a group, join the Right2Know community! We are looking for walkers, bikers, drivers, volunteers, cheerleaders, hosts and any other supporters out there. <a href="www.Right2KnowMarch.orgRegister today.
Early supporting organizations (in addition to PASA), include:
- International Federation of Organic Agricultural Movements (IFOAM) Non-GMO Project
- Center for Food Safety
- Food Democracy Now
- National Co-operative Grocer Association
- Organic Trade Association
- The Organic Center
- Independent Natural Food Retailers Association (INFRA)
- Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance
- Northeast Organic Farmers Association of NY.
Business sponsors include
- Stonyfield Farm
- United Natural Foods Inc.
- Organic Valley
- Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps
- Kamut International
- Nature’s Path Foods, Inc.