Sept. 7 -8 – Shale Gas Outrage – Rally, Demonstration & Conference in Philadelphia.
- Josh Fox, Director of the Oscar-nominated “Gasland”
- Craig & Julie Sautner, Dimock, PA
- Blondell Reynolds Brown, Philadelphia City Councilwoman
- Curtis Jones, Philadelphia City Councilman
- Doug Shields, Pittsburgh City Council President
- Al Appleton, internationally respected water systems expert
- Iris Marie Bloom, Protecting Our Waters
- Tracy Carluccio, Delaware Riverkeeper Network
- Jim Walsh, Food and Water Watch
- David Braun, United for Action
“Why? Maximizing the sheer numbers attending this rally on September 7 will show a broad-based popular movement that will not tolerate contamination of our air, water, and earth by dirty drilling, or the corruption of our politicians by industry money. We will demand that not one more family be poisoned by fracking and shale gas extraction.
This demonstration is in response to the Marcellus Shale Coalition’s conference in Philadelphia on Sept. 7th and 8th. CEOs from major fracking companies will be plotting to expand their poisonous operations in PA, NY, OH, MD, WV, VA, and NJ. Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett and former governors Tom Ridge and Ed Rendell will be speaking in support of the industry. Dubbed “Shale Gas Insight,” this is not only a key trade show for the industry, but also a brazen expression of its political muscle.”