Results of the survey to identify the top five priorities for the Mapping/Needs Assessment Team of the State College Food Security Network. The bar chart says “Sample” because I only have a basic (free) SurveyMonkey account.
Top five priorities from 17 responses:
- water sources
- open plots of land suitable for growing
- community gardens
- annual food consumption data
followed by the second five priorities:
- annual farm food production data
- CSA farms
- farming/gardening education programs
- people with sustainabilty-relevant skills & expertise
- community kitchens/canneries & slaughter facilities
I forwarded the information last night to Bill Sharp and Jackie Bonomo, who are coordinating the Mapping/Needs Assessment Team, which is meeting tonight – August 8 – at 7 p.m. in Room 325 at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church in State College – to discuss these survey results and plan next steps. For more information or to attend tonight’s meeting, please contact Bill Sharp at email@example.com.