April 15 news round-up from the National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition:
To access the full articles and leave comments, visit NSAC’s “Something to Crow About” Blog or click on the title and you’ll be taken to the specific post page. Also check out their ACTION PAGE for breaking legislative news and opportunities to advocate for sustainable policies at the federal level.
FARMERS IN D.C.
- Ohio Beginning Farmer Testifies at House Ag Credit Hearing
- Guest Blog: Value-Added Producer Grants in Action
- Congress Passes FY 2011 Budget, Cuts Billions From Agriculture
- Congress Releases Draft 6-Month Continuing Resolution
- What We Know and Don’t Know on the Budget
- House Hearing on the State of Poultry Industry (The three major topics were GIPSA proposed rule, the impacts of corn ethanol production on the poultry feed prices, and the EPA’s development of a Clean Water Act Total Daily Maximum Load (TMDL) plan for the Chesapeake Bay region.)
- Senate Environment & Public Works Committee Hearing on Renewable Fuels
- Rural Energy for America Program Interim Final Rule and Notice of Funding Availability
- FY 2010 Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Awards on Food Systems
- National Agricultural Landscapes Forum in Review
- USDA Extends EQIP Organic Initiative Sign-up for FY 2011