- Drawings should be conceptual/simplified/symbolic representational diagrams, not detailed scale maps.
- Deadline for submissions is May 15, 2011.
- First prize is a $50 gift certificate to Otto’s.
- Please send electronic files to blog editor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Submission Guidelines – Pen and ink schematic sketches of “EcoVillage State College” including:
- government and school buildings
- residential buildings
- commercial enterprises
- small-scale renewable energy sources (passive and photovoltaic solar, windmills, geothermal, bio-mass, etc.)
- some sense of how multiple neighborhood-scale energy sources might fit together into a town-wide grid to compensate for intermittent supplies from different sources
- blank box for data to be added later, showing how much carbon & nuclear-based energy is currently consumed in State College
- blank box for data to be added later, showing how much demand could be reduced through efficiency retrofits, living roofs, comprehensive water conservation programs, and other green infrastructure strategies
- trees, parks, bicycle paths
- public greenhouses & composting facilities
- urban farms, orchards & gardens
- farmers’ markets
- other creative, visual imagination-grabbers related to retrofitting carbon-dependent State College into a cluster of interdependent post-carbon eco-neighborhoods.