News from Way Fruit Farm in Port Matilda:
Hello everyone! Well, despite the recent snow, we know that if it’s April, Spring is bound to come soon. So, we’re sending you all information about Easter bakery and ham orders as well as some fun we’ll be baking up at the farm this month! Read on….
April is going to be Apple month at the farm. This will round out the fun we’ve been having enjoying summer/fall fruits in order to get through the doldrums of winter. So, come on out and enjoy some fresh apples (we still have plenty) like: Honey Crisp, Golden Delicious, Red Delicious & Ida Red. We also press fresh cider weekly!
In our bakery you can enjoy sour cream apple muffins, apple cider donuts, slices of apple pie or buy a whole pie to take home or to work and share, and many more apple goodies daily! In addition, on Saturdays, we will be offering from-scratch pancakes and waffles topped with homemade apple-cinnamon syrup and piled high with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon! Come on out and enjoy a taste of fall this winter!
Easter bakery and ham orders are now being taken at our farm store. We ask that you please place your orders by Wednesday, April 20th for pickup on Friday or Saturday (April 22nd or 23rd). Or give 3 days notice for any earlier pickups. Baked goods and hams will be available but in more limited quantities if they are not pre-ordered. Read on to be tempted…
- Pies: Apple, Apple Walnut, Apple Brown Betty, Banana Cream, Blueberry, Cherry, Coconut Cream, Black Cherry, Peach, Red Raspberry, Blackberry & Pecan
- No Sugar* Added Pies: Apples, Peach & Blueberry (*Equal Sweetener used)
- Nut Rolls & Cookies: Mini walnut rolls & decorated sugar cookies (Available in 4 & 8 packs)
- Dinner Rolls: Potato or Whole wheat (Available in 1/2 and full dozens)
- Breads: White, Wheat, Multigrain, 6-Grain, Sunflower seed, Raisin, Vegetable Herb, Cranberry-walnut, & marble rye
- Local Hams: Whole (bone-in), 1/2 ham (bone-in) or boneless “Nuggets” (Please specify approx. lbs. desired for all hams)
When ordering, please be prepared to specify last name, telephone #, date of pickup, approximate time of pickup and quantity (or pounds for ham) of goodies. We’ll be happy to have them ready for you any day during normal business hours!
From all of us at Way Fruit Farm, Have a great day and we look forward to seeing you at the farm soon!