Lydia Vandenbergh of Penn State Campus Sustainability Office announces:
On Friday, April 22nd, between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., The Earth Day 2011 A Billion Acts of Green Begins with the Power of One event will fill Penn State’s HUB-Robeson Center with hundreds of people coming to see how Penn State students, faculty and staff practice, teach, and research sustainability. The event will also feature President Graham Spanier, the Center for Sustainability, Shaver’s Creek, the Campus Sustainability Office, Penn State Food Services and a host of other leaders and groups showcasing their activities. The event is open to the public and people will find the following at the HUB:
- Student group exhibits in the Atrium and downstairs
- Faculty and Staff exhibits in the HUB Alumni Hall
- Interactive games and competitions
- Images and videos showing sustainability at Penn State on the Alumni Hall big screen
- Various bands that will be playing downstairs.
For more information and to keep updated on Earth Week Events, please visit the new Penn State Earth Day website.
The event is jointly sponsored by the Campus Sustainability Office, the Center for Sustainability, Student Affairs, Penn State Institutes of Energy and the Environment (PSIEE), Green Teams, Eco-Reps, Shaver’s Creek and others.