Strength from Our Roots: Claiming Our Food System Future
FEBRUARY 2 – 5, 2011 at the Penn Stater Conference Center
Preparations are underway for the annual Farming for the Future Conference, and the conference staff is busy going over the numbers. We are excited to be celebrating 20 years of Farming for the Future with over 70Friday/Saturday workshops. We gratefully acknowledge the financial support from 94 sponsoring companies and organizations. We are also offering an unprecedented 16 pre-conference tracks, in addition to 3 scrumptious dining events and 2 PASA-bilities Leadership Award Winners who will serve as closing plenary speakers. Surely, this year’s conference is 1 you won’t want to miss!
Get an in-depth learning experience before the conference even starts. These 16 pre-conference tracks offer full-day intensive learning experiences. Some tracks will sell out quickly, so register early. (You must pre-register. Walk-in registration is not available.)
- TRACK 1: Tractor Operation & Maintenance for New & Beginning Farmers
- TRACK 2: Beginning Value Added Dairy Products
- TRACK 3: Sustainability in the Foodservice Industry TRACK FULL
- TRACK 4: Discovering Your Woodlot: Farming Opportunities Don’t End at the Field’s Edge
- TRACK 5: Multi-Species Grazing
- TRACK 6: Advanced Cheesemaking
- TRACK 7: Intermediate Cheesemaking
- TRACK 8: Pigs: Possibilities, Profits & Potential
- TRACK 9: Alpacas 101: Are They Right for You?
- TRACK 10: All Organic Matters
- TRACK 11: Youth Action: Creating a Sustainable World
- TRACK 12: Sustainability in the Classroom: Discover What’s Possible!
- TRACK 13: Alternative Energy on the Farm
- TRACK 14: The Promises & Perils of GMOs
- TRACK 15: Soil Management and Assessment TRACK FULL
- TRACK 16: Homesteading 101