(From Jim Eisenstein) – Say “Hooray!” for May. The Boalsburg Farmers Market (Tuesdays, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the PA Military Museum) – had a wonderful first outdoor market last week, with happy customers stocking up on spring greens, asparagus, rhubarb, cheeses, breads, and all of the other fine products you’ve come to expect.
This Tuesday, May Day, you’ll see not only the same things as last week, but a few new products.
- Stone Meadow will bring a variety of cuts of beef, the first of this season.
- Byler Goat Dairy will have its usual assortment of goat cheese.
- Beiler Family Farm will bring pork.
- Eden View will have its wonderful sprouted breads and bagels.
- Jade Family Farm will have a big supply of most spring greens you can think of, and some you may not (like mache).
- Way Fruit Farm still has apples and cider.
This is just a sampling of what you’ll find. Come and discover for yourself what an excellent selection of locally produced items our vendors bring. And starting at 4 p.m., Steve Crawford will be playing his guitar and singing for your enjoyment.